To complete the application, you will need:
- Program Information: A list of the AUPHA Full-Member, CAHME accredited programs you have applied to and the status of your application. Review the list of eligible AUPHA Full Member, CAHME accredited programs prior to applying for the scholarship (submit list via the online application).
- Cumulative GPA: Your current cumulative GPA or that from your most recently completed academic degree (submit via online application).
- Test Scores: Your unofficial GRE or GMAT score report as an Adobe PDF, unless not required by the schools to which you have applied (submit via online application).
- Resume: Your current resume as an Adobe PDF (submit via the electronic application).
- Personal Statement: A statement, not longer than 1,200 words, explaining why you are choosing to pursue a career in healthcare management and addressing why you should be selected based on the selection criteria. This is the most important piece of your application and should address the following:
a. Why have you chosen healthcare management as the career you want to pursue?
b. How have you demonstrated leadership in the past?
c. How do you see yourself using the degree?
d. Why have you chosen the school you plan to attend?
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit three (3) letters signed and on letterhead. One letter must be from a faculty member who has observed you in the classroom (no exceptions), one from an employer/supervisor, and the third from the individual of your choice that can best address your qualifications for the scholarship. Letters must be dated not earlier than February 15th and specifically address the scholarship and selection criteria. Letters will be accepted directly from the recommender via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (mailing address below), and fax (703.894.0941), or uploaded by the applicant within the electronic application.
- Financial Support: Information on any additional financial support that you anticipate receiving towards your graduate degree, including other scholarships, grants, etc. (submit via the online application).
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended are required. Transcripts are accepted from the registrar electronically to email@example.com or via mail (address below). Scanned copies are accepted within the online application as long as they are an official version. Do not submit unofficial copies to AUPHA.
Once you begin your online application, you may save and return to it later selecting "Save and continue later" at the top of the application screen. The application will automatically send you an email containing instructions to access your information at a later date. Save this email message.
Contact AUPHA at 703-894-0940 x124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
AUPHA Mailing Address:
Corris Boyd Scholarship
2000 14th Street N, Suite 780
Arlington, VA 22201
The application form and all supporting documents must arrive to AUPHA on or prior to the deadline. Any applicant missing documents after the deadline will be disqualified. No exceptions will be made.
Final applications will be reviewed by a committee of academics and practitioners who will recommend five finalists to HCA for consideration based on the selection criteria. Applicants not chosen as finalists will be notified by AUPHA in early June.
Finalists may be asked to sit for a phone interview with HCA in early-June. HCA will identify two winners of the HCA Corris Boyd Scholars program no later than mid-June.