HCA is proud to sponsor the HCA Corris Boyd Scholars Program. This program was established in honor of a healthcare leader who dedicated his life to diversity and excellence in leadership – especially among people of color.
Each recipient will receive a $40,000 scholarship towards tuition and other expenses at the AUPHA full-member graduate school program of his or her choice. The award will be paid in four installments (August 2015, December 2015, August 2016 and December 2016). Students enrolled in accelerated programs will not receive the 2nd year installments until the dates noted above.
The application for 2015 is now closed. Please check back in early 2016 for information on the 2016-2018 Corris Boyd Scholars Program.
At the time of award, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements (no exceptions):
- Have applied and been accepted into an AUPHA Full Member master's degree program for start in Fall of 2015 (not before August 1)
- Be a student of color (African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Latino/Hispanic, Multiracial)
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (out of 4.0) in undergraduate coursework
- Have US citizenship or permanent resident status
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Leadership qualities
- Academic achievements
- Community involvement
- Commitment to healthcare and healthcare management as a career path
- Other sources and amount of financial support (may be considered when all other factors are equal)