The Prize and its Purpose
The Gary L. Filerman Prize for Educational Leadership was established to honor Gary L. Filerman, PhD, the first President of AUPHA, for his many years of service to the Association and the field of healthcare management education.
The Prize recognizes individuals from AUPHA member programs who have made outstanding contributions to the field of health administration education, who have exhibited leadership in the field, and who have enriched their institutions, their students, and health administration education through their work.
A wide variety of achievements and contributions to the field may be recognized by the award
- Excellence in teaching and pedagogy
- Contribution to the field through scholarship and publications
- Excellence in academic leadership
- Influence on healthcare management education through curriculum development and design
- Implementation of education, research, and service partnerships with the field of practice
- Exceptional service to AUPHA and the field of health administration education
- Other efforts to enhance the quality of health administration education
Nominations may be made by individuals from AUPHA member programs, as well as affiliate or individual members of the Association. The nominee must be a faculty member at an AUPHA Full Member program. Nominations must be submitted electronically through the AUPHA website. The online form requests the nominee’s curriculum vitae along with two letters of nomination describing:
- why the individual is being nominated for the Filerman Prize
- nominee’s outstanding contributions to the field of health administration education
- how the nominee has exhibited leadership
- how the nominee has enriched their institution
- how the nominee has enriched the lives of their students
- how the nominee has enriched health administration education
Individuals may be renominated from year to year as long as they continue to meet the criteria for the Prize.
Please fill out the nomination form here.
The Filerman Selection Committee, appointed by the Chair of the AUPHA Board of Directors, will evaluate the nominations. If the committee wishes to review additional information in regards to a nominee, the nominator(s) will be contacted to provide additional materials, including two letters of nomination.
The deadline for receipt of this information is April 1, 2019
. The Prize is awarded at the AUPHA Annual Meeting each year.
For further information contact AUPHA at 1730 M Street NW, Washington, DC 20036; Phone: (202) 763-7283; Fax: (202) 849-7680; email: email@example.com